Analysing the Form Guide
- Stall/Gate Position. Though not all races begin from stalls, most do.
- Take a look at previous races. This is key information at previous races should not be taken with a pinch of salt.
- Days since last race.
- Watch out for distance and course wins.
- Official ranking.
- Analyse your horse.
- Value bet.
What horse bets pay the most?
Focus On Exotic Bets Generally speaking, exotic bets pay the best odds, so, therefore, you'll have more chance of snaring bigger wins. Keep in mind that the very reason they pay better odds is that they are harder to pick.
How do you know which horse will win?
Picking a Winner by Eye
- Does the horse look at ease in its surroundings?
- Does your horse 'look well in its coat'?
- Is it a good walker?
- Does the horse look fit and athletic?
- Does it have good muscle definition?
- Are there any lucky charms or superstitions?
What horse to bet on Belmont Stakes?
Belmont Stakes Betting
What is the best horse bet for a beginner?
Pick a horse and bet him to win (finish first), place (finish second) or show (finish third). This is a $2 base bet, and you can certainly bet more if you'd like. You can also bet the horse "across the board," meaning you have him to win, place and show — which is a $6 bet on a $2 base bet.
How do you set odds for horse racing?
Instead, the odds are set by the amount of money that is bet on each horse relative to how much is bet on each other horse. The more money the public bets on a horse, the lower the odds will be. Because the odds are determined in this way, they will change throughout the betting period before the race.